There are various commercial products, which guarantee to reduce the redness. But, remember that not all of them would suit your skin type or would work effectively on the type of pimples you have. Moreover, such products also carry the risk of causing more infections and redness to your skin and pimples. And hence, it is always advisable and smart to go for natural remedies that you can try at home to get rid of at least the redness of the pimples fast. To get an idea about those remedies, read further.
Ways to Reduce Redness of Pimples Fast
First of all, it is a must for you to understand what causes redness to the pimples. Generally, it is the inflammation caused by infection that makes the skin surrounding them, red. It happens because the small blood vessels in that area too get inflamed resulting in redness. So, in order to reduce the redness, one has to reduce the swelling of the pimple. There are many things that are easily available at home, which can help us reduce the swelling and the redness:
- Using cold compress on red pimples can help you reduce the redness. Just take a thick cotton cloth and soak a part or corner of it in the cold ice water, then drain the excessive water and place the cold cloth on the pimples. Just make sure you do not press it too hard, just pat. Do it for two to three minutes, a couple of times repeatedly, and the swelling and redness would be reduced.
- Your toothpaste can help you get rid of the redness fast. A normal white toothpaste, without any added flavors or gels, can help to reduce it. Take a small amount on your fingertip, and apply it on the pimple before going to bed. It would have a cooling and drying effect that would shrink your pimple and soothe the swelling, resulting in reduced redness.
- Natural aloe vera gel also has a cooling and soothing effect, which can help you get rid of the redness. For maximum effect, you can keep the aloe vera leaf in the refrigerator for a few hours, and then apply the gel on the pimple. Keep it overnight, and the next day you will find the swelling reduced. You can also add turmeric powder to the gel, as it has antibacterial properties.
- Certain foods that have a cooling effect can also be used. For example, cucumber juice, mint leaf juice, yogurt, etc., can be used for topical application. Their cooling effect on the skin can help in reducing the swelling and redness of the pimples.
These were some of the ways to reduce pimple redness. However, it is best to prevent them from occurring in the first place. For this, you must follow a good skin care regimen every day. Given below are some of the tips to prevent pimples:
- Do not squeeze or burst them, as it can lead to further infection and increase the redness.
- Avoid touching them every now and then, as it can irritate the skin even more, turning it red.
- Avoid excessive use of skin care products, and strictly opt for products made for acne prone skin.
- Wash your face twice or thrice a day to keep the bacteria at bay and to remove their build up on the skin.
- Drink lots of water, as it helps flush out the toxins, which in turn helps in improving the quality of your skin.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet regularly to have a good skin and avoid eating junk and processed foods.
- Also, do some form of exercise regularly to improve blood circulation, which will help you keep the skin youthful.
The above tips will help you avoid pimples so that you do not have to worry about their redness or think about ways to hide them. And even if you happen to get them, you now know how to reduce their redness fast.