Nobody likes pimples. A sudden pimple on your face can ruin your appearance and mar your confidence, especially if you have to attend a grand event. You can’t make it go away in so little time unless you have a fairy godmother. But you can do some things to conceal it.
A great temporary solution to get rid of a pimple quickly is to camouflage it by minimizing its appearance to avoid making it noticeable. Almost all celebrities seem to have such a great skin. You may think that they never face a pimple situation (absolutely pun intended). They take extensive care of their skin and spend thousands of dollars on their appearance. But a pimple can appear out of nowhere on anybody’s skin. What do you think they do then? Miss the Oscars? Nah! They cleverly hide it.
Tips for Hiding a Pimple
You don’t always have to seek refuge in makeup. It should be used very sparingly on skin that has already had a break out, as it can ruin the situation further. Here are some brilliant ways for you to hide a pimple without makeup.
- Use a face wash containing at least 4% benzoyl peroxide. Leave the lather on for 2 minutes after massaging it on skin. Rinse.
- Use an oil-free moisturizer in the morning.
- Follow an intense washing, cleansing and toning routine. It will prevent excess facial oils from further aggravating the problem. Do NOT scrub.
As gross as it may sound, urotherapy is a very effective treatment to get rid of a pimple. In fact, it helps to banish new ones as well. Use your own urine to rinse your face after thoroughly cleaning it with face wash. It’s quick, easy, cheap and effective! If you want to diminish the appearance of a pimple and you have an overnight’s time to do it, mix a pinch of salt (preferably, sea or Epsom salt) in lemon juice and apply this solution on the pimple. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Gently wash with cold water. Dab some tea tree oil on it to dry it up. White toothpaste also works for some people.
**Lemon juice might sting sensitive skin. If it becomes unbearable, wash it off and use warm or hot water in its place, as bearable.
2 Hours Time
Mix a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and rose water. Apply on the pimple and leave it for 20 minutes. After washing, use Visine eye drops over it to reduce the redness. Press an ice cube against the pimple for 20 minutes. This will significantly reduce the size of the pimple in 2 hours.
15 Minutes Time
Now, this is an unusually short time to do anything that will pooh-pooh the pimple. You can only downplay it by applying a fake beauty mark with a waterproof eyeliner. Done. This works only if you have one pimple on a clear skin. It will hide it like it was a part of your face. Else, if it erupts on your forehead, use your bangs to cover up.
I once had a big pimple erupt on my cheek after a night at the bar and had to attend an event the next evening. Well, since i was pressed for time, I just had a hot shower and it surprisingly shrunk the pimple by 60% while plumping up my face. After a dab of concealer and cleverly styled hair, you just couldn’t tell I had a pimple on my cheek an hour ago. Not to forget, I deceived the camera too! I would definitely give a thumbs up for the hot water treatment.
If you can carry it off, you can hide a pimple for hours with makeup. All you need is an astringent or a toner, green or yellow concealer to counteract the redness, regular foundation to even out skin tone and loose translucent powder to set the makeup. Better yet, use mineral non comedogenic makeup. Follow these simple steps to camouflage the pimple.
- Wash your face with a salicylic acid based cleanser.
- Moisturize your face with an oil-free lotion and dab a little astringent or toner on the pimple to prevent a bacterial flare up and remove excess oil.
- Now, apply a thin base of your foundation. It lightens the marks, so you will need much lesser concealer to hide it. If you want a spot treatment, skip this step.
- Using a tissue or a flat bristled brush, apply the concealer only on the pimple.
- Wait for a minute, then twist the brush on the concealer till it’s well hidden.
- Next, blend the edges in a light swirling motion using the brush or tissue.
- Tap the tip of your finger on the concealer to help it settle in and even out the skin.
- Apply a thin layer of foundation on your face, except on the top of the pimple, and blend it around the pimple’s perimeter.
- Set with a translucent, preferably mineral, powder. Et voila!
- Draw attention away from the pimple by highlighting your eyes with a bright eye-shadow or wear a dark lipstick.
**You can also use a tinted moisturizer, instead of a foundation.
Recommendations: Mac Mineralize Skinfinish, Mac Studio Finish Concealer, Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer.
Hiding a pimple for a man can be a matter of concern because they are averse to using makeup. But, that doesn’t mean that they have to sport a pimple around while the ladies get to conveniently hide it. You too can hide a pimple on your date. Follow these basic steps.
- Crush an aspirin and mix it with 3 drops of water. Apply this on the pimple and leave.
- Apply wet fuller’s earth on the pimple and leave it on overnight.
- Another alternative is mixing a pinch of turmeric powder in 3 drops of lemon juice.
- Steam your face with apple cider vinegar in boiling water.
- After washing your face with a benzoyl peroxide containing cleanser, dab some neosporin powder on your pimple situation to get rid of pimples overnight. This is a hassle free method to reduce the size and redness of the pimple.
- You could try using a toothpaste, eye drops and a tinted moisturizer too!
- Grow a beard. Yes! Women love a 3-day stubble on men and it is the best way to conceal a pimple on the lower part of the face.
Try to keep your fingers away from your face, especially the pimple, as much as possible, else you may be introducing new germs to it, causing an inflammation. If you are planning to pop the pimple, do not do it else it will scar your skin. Also, if it is a papule or a pustule, it will keep oozing out the fluids in the pimple. If a pimple appears on your forehead or temples, wear a colorful bandana or over-sized glares to hide it while looking trendy. Other home remedies are aloe vera gel, egg white and a yogurt mask. Supplement your diet with Vitamins A, B, C and E along with zinc to prevent pimples from appearing in future. Drink lots of water to get rid of toxins from your body because they are the real pimple culprits.