If there’s one thing worse than blemishes, it’s the hyperpigmentation that ensues soon after. I don’t know about you, but when I get acne breakouts, even if I don’t touch them hardly at all, they leave dark red spots behind that can last months at a time, sometimes even longer.
Now, I’ve spoken about ways to treat and prevent these red marks before, but sometimes you want something you can make once that’s effective and will last a few weeks. That’s where this nifty, handy dandy little serum comes in. Not only does it support and nourish your skin, it will also fade those pesky marks AND help prevent scarring.
What also cool is this serum will even PREVENT acne, so what’s not to love?
So here we go…
HOMEMADE SERUM FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN
Ingredients You Will Need:
• 1 TB rosehip oil
• 4 drops lavender essential oil or copaiba essential oil (I buy my essential oils HERE for 24% off)
• 4 drops frankincense essential oil
LOVING PREPARATION – SERUM FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN
1. Pour the rosehip oil through a small metal funnel into a glass dropper bottle.
2. Remove the funnel and add the essential oils one by one very carefully.
3. Once added, cap the dropper bottle tightly and then ROLL the bottle between your palms for a few seconds. NEVER shake the bottle or you will subject your serum to oxidation which will make your serum go rancid much faster.
4. Before each use, gently roll the bottle between your palms then apply 2-3 drops of serum to your face and neck. (This works best if your skin is still damp so I love spritzing my face with rose water before applying.)
5. Use day and night on clean skin.